Vegan Tamale Pie
- Masa or Masa Harina 3 cups
- Coconut oil 1 cup
- 1 cup water (you may need more add a little at a time to make a soft dough)
- 1 tsp salt
Mix all together in a food processor or mixer, at least 3 to 4 min. longer is fine all also.
- 3 cans black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can tomato sauce or enchilada sauce
- 1 sweet onion sauteed
- 1 poblano chili (burned and peeled) optional
- Taco seasoning to taste (Trader Joe’s is best)
Saute onions then add black beans, corn and chili and a little bit of taco seasoning. Use 3/4 of the masa mixture on bottom of a 9X13 pan. Then layer the bean mixture on top of masa. Then add tomatoe sauce( you can add more seasoning to the tomatoes sauce to taste. Or use enchalada sauce. Next use the rest of the masa mixture to dollop on top of tomatoe sauce. I used 1/2 tsp per dollop. cover with foil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
We garnished with shredded cabbage and avocado. Delicious!!!